This policy was last updated on January 14, 2017.
Background Check Run maintains this policy to explain our commitment to the privacy of the information that you provide when registering with this site.
The BackgroundCheck.Run site uses data from many public record sources and from third-party data suppliers. Consumers have the ability to remove information from the site, however, this does not effect the sources or its data suppliers.
BackgroundCheck.Run allows you to completely remove information from the site. However, the information shown on the site is frequently updated and may reappear without our direct control. Users are encouraged to contact the primary sources directly in such cases.
1) INFORMATION SOURCES
BackgroundCheck.Run searches public records for the information contained on its pages. If the information shown is outdated, we encourage users to correct that data at the original source.
2) INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM USERS
BackgroundCheck.Run collects personal information such as name, email address, credit card information, billing address and other information that is submitted by you, including;
- During registration with BackgroundCheck.Run, we collect and store all the information that you provide,
- When you enter personal information throughout BackgroundCheck.Run, we collect and store the information you enter,
- When information is submitted, in any form or field on BackgroundCheck.Run, we collect information about the time and date of submission, as well as the person submitting such information,
- When users buy reports or subscribe to a BackgroundCheck.Run service, we collect payment information, credit card information, billing information,
- When users contact us by email, we collect the email address and any information contained in the email.
BackgroundCheck.Run collects other profile data, including, but not limited to: gender, age, education, connections with other people or communities and occupation.
BackgroundCheck.Run also logs non-personally-identifiable information including IP address, profile information, aggregate user data, and browser type, from users and visitors to the site. This non-personally-identifiable information may be shared with third-parties to provide more relevant services and advertisements to users.
3) INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
BackgroundCheck.Run may also use an email address to send updates, account notifications, newsletters or news regarding the service. Users can modify their subscription settings under Account Settings view at any time.
Except as otherwise described in this policy, BackgroundCheck.Run will NOT disclose personal information submitted by you to any third party unless we believe that disclosure is necessary: (1) to conform to legal requirements or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other legal process received by BackgroundCheck.Run, whether or not a response is required by applicable law; (2) to enforce the BackgroundCheck.Run Terms of Service agreement or to protect our rights; or (3) to protect the safety of members of the public and users of the service.
4) INFORMATION STORING
User accounts are secured by user-generate passwords. BackgroundCheck.Run takes precautions to insure that all user information is kept private. BackgroundCheck.Run uses industry-standard and reasonable measures to protect the stored information of users within our database, and restricts access to user information to those employees who need access to perform their job functions. BackgroundCheck.Run does not guarantee the security of user account information, but does keep information safe in accordance with industry standards. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
5) COOKIES USE
6) CHILDREN UNDER AGE 18BackgroundCheck.Run is prohibited for by people under the age of 18. BackgroundCheck.Run makes all possible effort to prevent the collection of information about children under age 18.
7) INFORMATION SECURITY
ALTHOUGH WE MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT POSSIBLE TO KEEP THE INFORMATION AS SECURE AS POSSIBLE, BACKGROUNDCHECK.RUN CANNOT PREVENT ALL SECURITY BREACHES AND UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS. BECAUSE OF THIS, BACKGROUNDCHECK.RUN DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE COMPLETE PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us using the "Contact Us" form on BackgroundCheck.Run available at, https://backgroundcheck.run/pg/contact
This policy is subject to change without notice.